FIELD DAY 2018
What can I say beyond that? Panhandle Amateur Radio Club’s Field Day was such a success. Fantastic location, great food, but best of all, the best people in ham radio!!
There are just so many to thank I don’t know where to begin.
- What a masterful job of planning, preparation and execution by Raymond W5RAW and his lovely wife Gail. It could not have been better! Thanks to Raymond for being our PR person for the media interviews. Good Job!!
- As always thanks to Mark KG5NWE & Melinda KG5NWD for the wonderful job they do with our Van, and for their many other selfless contributions to the Club.
- Great job by Betty W5UGR and Maury W5UGQ with chuck wagon duty for Saturday night. Rudy’s BBQ was complimented greatly by the others helping with feeding the hungry masses. These included Betty W5UGR (of course), Gail Winter, Melinda KG5NWD, Kim K5OPI, Danelle KC7RDH (Raspberries rule!!). Friday evening’s gigantic pizza meal was impressive. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a pizza that big! The grand finale was provided by Gail on Sunday morning…pancakes, sausage, eggs, orange juice and coffee.
- Thanks to Adair KD5DYP for providing computers, WIFI, and antennas. Thanks to Neal W5PVI for the loan of a generator. Thanks to the provider of the other generator which will not be named here because I don’t know who to thank by name.
- Thanks to Dan WA8YYE for providing our “alternative power” station bicycle and Scott KG5ZES for providing the battery.
- Thanks to John K5IT for an informative seminar on passing traffic per ARRL protocol, helping to add to our points.
- Thanks to all who worked so hard in making contacts..Adair KD5DYP, Cory KD5ROK, Arthur K5PM, Eddy N5SUJ, Raymond W5RAW, Melinda KG5NWD, Dan WA8YYE, Scott KG5ZES. Apologies if I have missed anyone.
- AND MOST OF ALL THANKS TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE PANHANDLE AMATEUR RADIO CLUB AND ALL WHO CAME OUT TO SUPPORT OUR FIELD DAY!!